It is important to express to your potential donors how their giving directly impacts your vision/ mission. Telling donors how important they are to reaching your goals reinforces how meaningful they are to you. It connects them to your goals and successes, which is why updates are also vital to preserving your donor base.
3 Key Factors in Sharing your Story
- Express “Why” this campaign is necessary. This is the beginning of your story.
- Explain “What” will happen with their generous donations they offer to your cause. This turns donations into action to paint the picture of the plan.
- Tell them “How” the funds will make a difference or “Who” will benefit. This personalizes the giving from being about dollars to being about people.
Using your Givedot Platform to Share Campaigns
With your Givedot website, there are several ways to share your GivingTuesday campaigns with your community:
- Share your campaign directly to Facebook by clicking the “Share” button under the “Donate Now” button on a campaign page.
- Remember to share on your personal social media and not just the school’s account. Encourage your faculty, staff, students, and parents to also share the campaigns on their social media accounts as well.
- Get a specific campaign link to send out via email by clicking the “Email” link.
- Ask your donors to share – by doing this you are quickly and easily expanding your circle of influence and your donor base!
Share…and give thanks!
Use these tips to reach more people and inspire them to take action! If your current online giving platform does not allow for easy sharing, we’d love to show you how The Givedot Program can help.
View our other blogs, ideas, and educational pieces here.